Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Assignment 1


My name is Michael Armstrong, however I usually go by my middle name, David. I'm 25 years old, and I'm glad to be back at the University of South Alabama. I've been married for two years as of December 13th. My wife's name is Mischa and she is a math teacher at Baker High School here in Mobile. I love her very much and I can't wait to become a teacher as well so we can spend more time together.

I currently work at O'Charley's on Schillinger's Road as a server and bartender. Working in restaurant business is a great motivation to get through school and make good grades.

I am a Secondary Education and History Major. I love history and really look forward to trying to make my student's love it as well. I also want to be a coach. I played baseball and basketball in high school and hope to be able to coach both someday.

I am looking forward to this semester and learning many new things about technology.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michael! When I first thought about going into education I wanted to go into Secondary as well. I could not decide if I wanted to major in Secondary English or Elementary Education. After some thought, I decided on Elementary. Showing a child something new is such a great experience to be apart of. As you can tell, I am also very excited to teach and to help my students love to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your USB drive in the lab Thursday night. A lab attendant can get it for you.

    Bartender/server is a motivation to go to school. Not surprising!

    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete