Wednesday, March 23, 2011

C4K Summary 4,5, and 6

giraffe
In comment number four I was assigned to comment on a post by a student in Mr. Wolfe's fourth grade class in Birmingham, AL. The post I was assigned to comment on was titled African and Indian Elephants. The student did a great job of research on the elephants. They asked what our favorite animal was and I answered Giraffes. I gave them a link to a encyclopedia article about giraffes so they could learn some more.

In comment number five I was assigned to comment on a student named Selena a Pt. England School in year seven in Room 20. Unfortunately I was late with my post I just never saw it earlier. She created a survey using a Form in Google Docs to ask her classmates where they would like to travel to. She then used the data she collected to create a pie chart of her results. Check out her Blog to see what the students said. I told her out of the locations she gave the option to go to I would have chosen Russia.

In comment number six I was assigned to comment on Ryan's Blog Post Egypt. I was unable to find out much about the kid that authors this blog, but from what I can gather he is a preteen or teenager. He commented on the situation in Egypt and equated it to the American Revolution. I was very impressed to see such a young man interested in what was going on over there. I posed to question to him that although it is great that the people of Egypt gained their freedom, don't you feel that the example they gave to the rest of the nations of the region may pose a threat to our national security. I am very glad a young person is paying attention to current events.

No comments:

Post a Comment