Saturday, March 5, 2011

PLN Project 10: 1st Progress Report

sybaloo
I am using Symbaloo to create my personal learning network. I like being able to use all of the different tile to create links to my favorite search engines. I am able to use the Encyclopedia tile to search for information on topics I need to research for EDM310 as well as my other classes. I have a paper to write in both of my other courses this semester and plan to use what I have learned in this class to complete both of them.

The best thing I have learned to use in this class to help me with my other classes is Evernote. I use Evernote to take notes in all my classes. It allows me to keep all of my notes in one place. I am able to access my notes all the time from my cellphone. If I need to study for a test I don't have to take out my notebooks. All I have to do is take out my cellphone and start reading my notes.

I am getting better with Twitter as well. I favorite tweets from teachers around the world that will help me learn more about PLN's and history. I am able to use the links they provide to expand my PLN.

I also have begun using Google Reader to keep track of what's going on in the news. I don't like to watch the news, because there is so much going on in the world to day that I don't care to hear. With Google Reader I am able to only read the stories that interest me. For example, I am able to read developing news of the unrest in the Middle East, and ignore all of this craziness about Charlie Sheen. I plan to use Google Reader to help keep my future students up to date on current events that will be relevant to my classes.

The one thing I have been trying to understand but can't seem to grasp is Delicious. I find it harder to bookmark sites on Delicious than to bookmark them on my browser. If anybody has figured it out and can tell me the best way to use it, I welcome the help.

I am looking forward to expanding my use of my PLN. Knowledge is power and I feel that this is the best way to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment