Friday, April 8, 2011

C4K Summary 7,8,9, and 10

Captain Cooks Monument


In C4K #7 I was assigned to comment on a video from the post Talent Show. I was assigned to comment on the video "T-Man Showing Off His Piano Skills." I was quite impressed by the young mans talent because there isn't a musical bone in my body. I also watched each of the videos under that post and each one of the participants did a great job.

In C4K #8 I was assigned to the post Tribute to Jules Verne in which a student had written a descriptive paragraph about the ocean. I advise anyone who reads this post to take a minute to click the link and read what they wrote. It really is impressive. Also, after commenting on this post the teacher of the Wildcat Writers e-mailed me to tell me thank you and ask how we found her class blog.

In C4K #9 we were all assigned to explore Ms. Yollis' Class Blog. Ms. Yollis' blog has quite a lot of stuff going on with it. She has videos on how to comment and how to take good digital photos. There is also a page in which she shows her students how to write html code. Personally the page on how to write html has been very useful to me in EDM310. On the write hand side of her blog there is a flag counter that keeps track of all of the different places that people visit from. She also has a page devoted to the time zones for all of the different regular visitors to their blog. In order to keep parents involved with her class Ms. Yollis has a Family Blogging month. In this month the family of her students are encouraged to comment on their children's blog. I think this is a great idea. Not only will the students have the thrill of seeing their parents and family members comments, but they are also helping teach their family how to blog.

In C4K #10 I was assigned to comment on the blog Miriam's Magical Moments. I commented on the post Kayaking to Captain Cook Monument. Miriam made me want to go on a vacation to Hawaii after reading her post. I also gave her a link to a site with information about Dolphins since it seemed she was interested in them after her trip to Hawaii. I didn't leave a link to my blog on the comment, but she was still able to find it and comment on my book trailer. I plan to comment back on her blog as soon as I finish with this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment