Thursday, April 28, 2011

PLN Project 10: Final Report

PLN Tool


I don't think it is possible to make a "Final" report on a PLN, because it is always evolving. However since we are assigned to do so I will let you know were it stands at the moment.

To start the most important thing I have learned to use this semester would have to be Symbaloo. At the beginning of the semester we were encouraged to use either Symbaloo, Netvibes, or iGoogle in order to help us get started. I chose Symbaloo because it is easier to setup and less confusing. I have tiles that are links to all the major sites that I use on a daily basis. For mine and Kayla Nelson's Final Project we created a start of page for EDM310 with all the links we think are helpful. Follow this Link to add it to your Symbaloo page.

I have also become very fond of Twitter over the semester. At the start I was really skeptical of how this would help me at all, but as time has gone by I have realized differently. I have found tons of useful links by following hashtags such as #sschat, #historyteacher, and #edchat. The point at which I realized the power of Twitter had to be when I was looking for someone to interview for my Skype Project. I sent out an open invitation and added the hashtags mentioned above and within 15minutes was able to connect with a Mr. Pitner, a teacher in San Luis, Arizona.

Another thing that I have come to rely on everyday is Google Reader. It took me a little while to figure out how to use it, but now it is part of my daily routine to look at it and get my news. I have been able to keep up to date on everything from the daily sports news to keep track of every time there is a post added to the EDM310 Class Blog by subscribing to the blog feeds. I was able to find an app for my phone that allows me to check them where ever I am, which has made it easier to collect the happenings of the day.

As I stated in the opening of this post my PLN will continue to grow. With the tools I have learned from this class I will be able to learn something new everyday which has always been my lifetime goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment